With so much focus on the London housing market, it can be easy for other housing hotspots to slip off the radar. Here at Arthur, we have devised a list of the 5 best places to invest outside of the capital.
1) Truro, Cornwall – Cornwall is known by all for its beautiful scenery, so it’s no surprise that Truro is becoming popular for investment. With a cathedral, cobbled streets, and the beaches of North Cornwall just a stone’s throw away, it’s time to invest in Truro whilst house prices remain relatively low.
2) Shenfield, Essex – Soon you will be able to travel to London from Shenfield in 40 minutes, making it an investor’s paradise. “In my view, Crossrail will increase the value of properties within a mile of Shenfield Station from 10 to 15 percent,” says Stephen White, from Savills in Chelmsford.
3) Richmond, North Yorkshire – With the Yorkshire Dales on its doorstep, Richmond has seen rising house prices over recent years. The rise has also been sparked by the announcement that the Army garrison at Catterick was to be expanded, meaning more jobs and a growing economy.
4) Winchester, Hampshire – 54 minutes’ drive from London, Winchester is becoming a favourite with working professionals looking for a decent-sized property within commuting distance of the ever-expensive capital.
5) Bosham, West Sussex – Many people dream of living on the waterfront. This dream can be made into a reality in Bosham, meaning that house prices are on the rise. With no more new plots of land for sale, making the area more exclusive, now is the time for investors to act in order to make profitable returns.
With so much investment in the housing market across the UK, it is integral that landlords and property managers get organised to capitalise on the potential. Arthur’s web based property management software is an essential tool for any well-organised property business. Our innovative technology simplifies organisation, coordinating all parties and facilitating communication between them.