Website Arthur Online
Junior PHP Developer
Needed by a rapidly growing PropTech start-up (cloud-based property management platform). Growing presence in the UK with over 1,000 business clients, 70,000 rental units and £30m of rent processed monthly. Used in over 30 countries, with plans to continue expanding internationally.
We are looking for an ambitious junior PHP Developer to work in our small and highly professional development team in London. You will an integral part of the team working alongside our Head of Development and CTO writing, deploying and testing code. Your work will count and you will be encouraged to shine.
- You will be responsible for writing clean, well-designed code and unit test cases
- Work closely with the Head of Development and CTO in London and the development team in Thailand to develop the core product and APIs using PHP and Node.JS
- Produce detailed specifications and contribute to all phases of the development life cycle
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the code and software
- Develop and maintain database structures using MySQL
We are at a pivotal stage in our growth story, having recently raised significant growth funding. We have proven our ability to deliver a market leading product, our task is now to get the world on board. We are forming a team of capable and driven individuals to take us to the next stage of rapid growth and expansion. We are looking for:
- At least 1 year of PHP code writing experience gained within a similar industry sector
- Solid understanding of software design patterns and methodologies such as MVC, OOP and agile development.
- Experience testing programs and identifying problem areas
- Familiar with relational databases and writing SQL queries.
- Excellent communication at all levels skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate effectively.
Preferable but not essential skills
- Experience using Node.JS
- Experience using Linux and command line interfaces
- Comfortable using version control (specifically git)
- Some hands-on experience with Trello, Jira and InVision
- Has used REST APIs or contributed to development of one in the past
- Salary £24,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience
- Share options potential (based on performance)
- An opportunity to really grow your career by taking ownership of business-critical tasks at the highest level
- Exposure to founders
- 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 days after 2 years of service)
- Casual dress
- Office dogs
- Young, vibrant office near Camden Town, London (NW1)
- Regular team social events