Importing client data
This article is linked to import data *Please note that if clients carry this out themselves there is very limited help available as a result of the complexity of the procedure. The process requires us to understand the portfolio being uploaded.
The Process and what to expect
The process is a complex one and will be led by a member of our implementation team. The data import service involves us gathering all your data into a series of excel files that Arthur accepts. The raw data will be either derived from the export of a current system or from clients’ own excel sheets. In converting these files into a format Arthur accepts, clients will be required to check, approve and add any further data required.
The price is dependant on the volume of data (see below).
Important to note:
Please see below. It is important that the clients’ expectation is met.
- Import does not include documents, certificates, notes, images, etc. These will need to add manually by the client.
- Clients are responsible for providing data as per the instructions provided and on Arthurs import files. We will provide clients sheets with clear instructions in small steps to ensure we understand the data as well
- If the process involves getting data off another system then we may charge £25.00 + vat per hour to get the data out. Arthur is not responsible for the quality of the data extracted.
- Clients will need to approve the data presented before it is imported. If clients want to add additional data once the import has commenced then this will need to be dealt with separately at the end of the import process and will result in additional charges.
- The timeline for the import will depend on the quality of data and clients being able to respond to questions from the team.
- Clients must check all imported data and report back any issues within a reasonable timeframe. If the problem is as a result of poor data or the client has signed off the data prior to import then we reserve the right to charge on a time basis to correct. THE ARTHUR TEAM ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERPRETING THE DATA
- Payment will be required in advance of works
- Once the import is completed the client subscription must begin to keep the account open.
What data do we import
- Core data (Non-financial)
- Property: Full address, number of units
- Unit: Full address, unit type, status, Agent, Owner, Images
- Tenancy: type, contract, term, rent amount, deposit information
- Tenants: Names, contact numbers, alternate address, email address
- Contacts: company, contact numbers, address, email address
After the import has been completed, you will receive two 45-minute tutorials on how to use core areas of your account:
- The Arthur hierarchy, How to add a property, unit and tenancy, The tenancy lifecycle
- Compliance, adding documents, certificates, access details etc
2. Financial data
Following your core data import, we offer the ability for you to enter your financial data too.
- Adding recurring rent charges from a chosen date or from the tenancy start date, with the correct analysis code based on business style
- Bespoke collection frequencies and analysis codes
- Recurring management fees (if relevant)
- Disbursement charges against tenants and owners
- Maintenance charges against tenants and owners
- Opening balance charges added when necessary – including any rents paid in advance or arrears for tenancies from the sync start date
Please contact us to request a quote.