Under this scenario all of the transactions in Xero related to contacts mapped to Arthur will be copied into your Arthur account (which must be empty of any transactions). At the end of the initial integration syncing process, the tenant & property owner ledgers in Arthur will reflect their respective ledgers in Xero. All of the transactions during the first time synchronisation will be copied FROM Xero TO Arthur.
All the steps below are there to ensure that your Xero processes and reports don’t change.
First Arthur and Xero must be prepared for the integration
5. Add all of your tenants, property owners, letting agents and contractors into these respective groups.
6.Establish which income and expense accounts you are using in Xero for all of your tenant rent charges, disbursements and credits. In effect, we need to ensure that every transaction for your tenants has an equivalent income/expense code in Arthur. These codes will be created in Arthur later.
7. If you are managing properties on behalf of landlords, and are producing monthly statements for them, follow Step 8. If you own the properties you manage, you will not be producing conventional landlord/property owner statements so this step will not apply.
8. Do the same for contractors – you may choose analyse your contractor invoices into all sorts of different headings (i.e. gardening, common part repairs, rates etc.).
9. Make a note of your bank accounts in Xero – you will need to enter these into Arthur later.
10. The integration makes use of both sets of tracking codes. If you are intending to rethink how you report on tracking codes, now is a good time to consider the change. If you don’t use tracking codes Arthur will create two groups by default. Group One will be for all of the units and Group Two will be for the properties. The tracking codes in Xero will be mapped to the respective units in Arthur later.
2. You now need to start mapping all the various elements to pull the two systems together.
To do this, Arthur and Xero must first be connected. Go to Financials > Go To Xero Screen > Synchronise with Xero
Once this has been completed, you will be returned to the Arthur mapping screen where you can now configure the mappings.
You will now start to map the account codes, bank accounts, contacts for Property Owners, Letting Agents and Contractors. You will also set up tracking codes for tenancies and units.
2. Click on ‘Bank Accounts’ and map. Press ‘Save’ when complete
3. Now map ‘Contacts’. The work you did in Steps 3 – 5 will determine what appears on this screen. If you have missed assigning any contacts to their respective groups in Xero, they won’t appear on the right hand drop-downs. If this is the case, go back to Xero rectify the issue and try again.
4. Now map tenancies. The work you did in steps 3 -5 will affect what you see on this screen
If you have already set up tracking codes in Xero, you will need to click on the ‘Settings’ option first and map the tracking codes – If not ignore the next step.
5. If tracking codes are already setup in Xero, please map the 1st and 2nd group as shown below.
Then map the tracking codes.
6. Now map units. This part of the mapping determines how the tracking code fields are populated each time a transaction is created in Xero.
7. Synchronise the systems & check the following reports:
Once all mapped your Setup Xero screen should resemble the one below (full with ticks). You can then run your first sync with Xero.
Our support staff are ready to help with any technical issues.
To get in touch please use our online chat below