Xero Integration Checklist
This article is linked to Understanding the Xero integration and should be read in depth before looking at this checklist.
This is a checklist of things that you must check before syncing/integrating with Xero. Doing so will ensure an integration with minimal hitches. See below.
Before you integrate with Xero you must:
- Make sure that the Forename and Surname fields in Xero are populated (if you are posting from Xero to Arthur)
- For each of the tenancies check that the email addresses in Arthur for tenants are formatted correctly and that you only have one email address per occupant/tenant
- Ensure that you have the correct “default bank account” set up in Arthur
- Check the default bank accounts and rent accounts are correct for each of the tenancies
- Ensure that all units and properties have owners assigned to them
- Ensure your recurring charges are setup properly using the correct analysis code “Rent Charge” or “Direct rent” which is dependent on your business type
- Ensure all your registered deposit charges and registered deposit receipts are correct
- Ensure that all your bank accounts in Arthur have the bank account name, sort code and account number fields completed
- Look at the tenant balances, property balances and tenant deposit balance report and satisfy yourself that they are correct.