We run HMO Heaven, a specialist agency in Newport South. We manage both our own HMOs and HMOs for other landlords.
What are your biggest operational challenges?
- Previously if a tenant had a routine maintenance issue, they’d call us, and whoever took the call would note the issue and log it centrally. The problem is that our team members wouldn’t have immediate access to the status of any particular maintenance issue without speaking to each other.
- Tenant and property documents were not stored centrally, making it difficult to find information when it was needed.
- Managing tenant communication and keeping proper audit trails – previously any member of the team could contact any of our tenants, whether by phone, text or email. As no records of previous communication were kept, this caused a lot of confusion and wasted time.
How has Arthur helped you overcome these challenges?
- We all have instant access, enabling us to instantly see where we are in the process. Using Arthur allows us to access any property or tenant document from anywhere in the world using laptop, tablet or mobile. We couldn’t run our business without it, it’s as simple as that.
- With Arthur, a tenant logs the maintenance issue directly on the system, with photos if needed. It’s date/timestamped and is immediately available to the whole team to view. Not only that, all housemates can see that the issue has already been reported, saving even more time. And all of us can see at anytime from anywhere all communication on every maintenance issue. Our tenants love it. It means that when any of us go on holiday we can still provide a seamless service.
- When we took on a Property Assistant, Arthur made the on-boarding process much simpler. All our documentation is on Arthur, and it’s straightforward to learn how to use the software, and Arthur has even provided us with a special online video tutorial to follow. Every document is on the platform, so we’re now completely paperless!
What add-on features do you find most useful?
Xero, for reconciling rents to amounts actually received.
How did you find the on-boarding process?
The on-boarding was excellent, the team was very helpful in setting us up, and this was complimented by the huge online training library that Arthur has.
You’ve been using Arthur Online for a while now, what do you think of their ongoing customer support?
The Arthur team is very customer-focused and delivers an amazing service from the very start.
How much has your business grown since you started using Arthur?
We’ve gone from 5 units to 96 units, running our business with Arthur has been essential for that growth.
How much time has using Arthur saved you and your team?
At least 2 days a month. Let’s say a tenant lost a copy of their tenancy agreement they’d need to contact us, now it’s right there for them to access from their phone, 24/7.
This saves housemates’ time and our time. Disputes are easily resolved as there’s an audit trail for everything.